Monday, December 15, 2014

Nha Trang











The coastal city of Nha Trang has left a special place in my heart. As soon as we rounded about the cliff that lead into the city, I knew instantly that I would fall in love with it. Growing up in Orange County, I was spoiled by it's iconic beaches and laidback lifestyle. But putting my toes in Nha Trang's silky sands generated a different kind of euphoria. 

I woke up that morning at 7 am restless to start my scavenger hunt, but when I stepped out my hotel gate and into the buzzing main street , I quickly realized that everything sold here was catered to the tourist community (fairly so). I didn't want to bring home something that anyone could get a local gift shop. I was looking for something magnificent and glorious and I knew that I couldn't find it here. 

So instead, I decided to take a ditch day. Oh how I wish I could take all my ditch days here. 

Great seafood, beautiful views and modern amenities. All of my favorite things. 

I took a walk along the freshly dewed morning sands and reminisced on the confusing scenery. The sky was a mix of sweet lavender and muddy steel. The mixture reminded me of a great cup of Vietnamese coffee; symbiotic and in perfect harmony. I wanted more and more. It was like a siren calling into the distance, teasing me to come closer.

This is as close as I could get to reverting back to my childhood. Nha Trang does that to you. There's a freakin' amusement park on an island for crying out loud. 

Ridiculous. 

But I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Until next time, Nha Trang. 


With love,



[mr. white elephant] 

No comments:

Post a Comment