Thursday, December 4, 2014

Another Beginning


I woke up at night a couple of weeks ago pondering about the direction I wanted my company, Project White Elephant, to grow into. I knew that the basis of the project was to unify local artists to create a more potent creative community. However, there was something missing from the equation that I couldn't put my finger on. There wasn't enough depth invested into the project and thats when it hit me. I felt the project was limited, primary by myself, and if it had any chance of survival, I needed to take it a step further.

So comes the revival of mr. white elephant.

Within the next two weeks, I will be traveling to Vietnam and Cambodia in search for hidden metropolitan and rural treasures that evoke emotion and life when in your presence. I also need it to be appropriate for a project called RE + PURPOSE that will be developed and realized sometime next year. A little summary? Think beautifully aged and worldly treasures repurposed into unique and extraordinary apparel. That's all you're getting for now.

I really can feel it. 2015 will be the year for this exhausting behemoth to be born and polished for the world to see.

In addition to becoming a treasure pirate, I will also be the documenter for this trip. I will try my best to upload at least 5 times a week to share with you the outcome of this journey.

I would kindly appreciate a little hand holding during this process so any suggestions on where to go or what to do would be great.

Now to find to an answer to the age-old question,

"how the hell do I pack 12 outfits into a carry on duffle?"


With love and admiration,



[mr. white elephant]

No comments:

Post a Comment